冷日
(冷日)
Webmaster
  • 註冊日: 2008/2/19
  • 來自:
  • 發表數: 15771
[轉貼]Rename windows service
Rename windows service

Is there a way to rename a windows service? Not the display name, mind you, the actual name. I can't seem to edit the value in enum\root to be what I want, and there ought to be an easier way, I just can't find it!

This is nothing I ever would recommend doing
This is what I did

open regedit
navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
Look at the keys in the treestructure inside the left pane and select the service you would like to rename
Rename the key using the Rename entry in the Context-Menu
If there is a subkey named enum delete it. It will get recreated the next time the service starts.
You might want to change the Subkey DisplayName according to the new service name
Reboot the machine for changes to take effect
Pray it did not screw things up

Use SC.exe Create to create a new service in Windows with the paramaters that you want. Then use SC.exe Delete to delete the old service.

SC is a command line program built in to Windows that is used for communicating with the Service Control Manager and services.
shareimprove this answer

原文出處:Rename windows service - Server Fault
冷日
(冷日)
Webmaster
  • 註冊日: 2008/2/19
  • 來自:
  • 發表數: 15771
[轉貼]How to Rename a Windows Service

How to Rename a Windows Service

I came across a situation where I wanted to rename a Windows service that had already been installed. (In this case I wasn’t able to rebuild the application to alter the service installation properties, which would of course be the ideal solution.) Google was spectacularly unhelpful, so this is how you do it:

Open RegEdit.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServices.

Find the key for the service you want to change and simply rename it.

RegEdit screenshot

A reboot was necessary for the change to take effect in the Services snap-in.

You may also encounter a sub-key called DisplayName that you can change. This is not the same as the key above. When using “net start” and “net stop,” for example, you need to refer to the key name above.

DisplayName screenshot

I did this on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003; presumably it will also work in Vista, etc.

STANDARD REGEDIT DISCLAIMER: Do not attempt this unless you know what you’re doing. The consequences of a mistake could be disastrous.

原文出處:How to Rename a Windows Service - Thomas Krehbiel
前一個主題 | 下一個主題 | 頁首 | | |